The water from the faucet is full of chlorine, and usually with chloramine, a toxic gas that is a popular disinfectant.
The water we drink should not contain more than 4 mg. of chlorine in 1 liter of water, but, unfortunately, it goes over the limit more often than it is under the limit.
It is desirable to examine the water we drink, and you can easily do that with a Tester (test strip) which tests water’s quality and quantity of chlorine.
Anyway, it is desirable to filter the water we drink, because chlorine, on long – term, is very harmful for the human body.
Chlorinated water consumption increases the risk of cancer of the bladder, increased cholesterol levels, it also causes asthma and allergy. It is also, bad for the skin, eyes and respiratory tract.
Many health organizations advise, to clean your water from chlorine whenever you can.
How to remove the chlorine?
The simplest way is to put at least a few drops of lemon juice every time you drink water in the cup, because vitamin “C” purifies water.
Quite simply, the water can be purified with tablets of vitamin “C”. Usually the advised ratio is 1 mg. of vitamin for 1 liter of water, but you can add more, it depends of the amount of chlorine in the water.
The water can be cleansed also with water filters which are mounted on the faucets. Also, the chlorine can be removed if you leave a water container open, so the chlorine is transformed into a gaseous state and evaporates. However, to evaporate completely it takes about 2 – 3 days.
The chlorine can be removed with boiling the water. You should boil the water for 15 minutes.