- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 477 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein
Originally published as Chicken Quesadillas in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p9