My family love teriyaki chicken not only because it is easy but super tasty. Making your own teriyaki sauce is also easy.
- 2-3 lbs organic chicken breast, chopped
- 12-16 oz organic fresh broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, you can also use ginger
- 4-5 large organic carrots, sliced
- Pepper flakes, optional
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce, gluten free
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3-4 teaspoons arrowroot powder, or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup honey, or unrefined sugar
In a large skillet, over medium to high heat, add the olive oil. Add the chicken and carrots and cook stirring occasionally until almost tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook further for another minute.
While the chicken is cooking, place the broccoli on a safe microwave dish and microwave for 6-7 minutes. Depending on how strong your microwave is you may need less time. My microwave is not too powerful so I use 7 minutes but 3-4 minutes may be enough in yours.
Add the Teriyaki sauce from the bowl to the chicken and carrots and stir for about 1-2 minutes or until it thickens. Turn heat off and add the broccoli and pepper flakes if using. Stir to combine.
Serve over brown rice or rice noddles.