There’s nothing quite like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot summer day like vitamin water. There are many benefits of vitamin water including that: you will stay hydrated, you will benefit from the minerals and vitamins, you will avoid chemicals that are sold on the market, and you will benefit from the direct consumption of fruits and antioxidants. Here we present you five vitamin water recipes that will boost your immune system:
1. Lemon/Cucumber vitamin water
Mix: 10 cups of water, 1 cucumber, 1 thinly sliced lemon, ¼ cup fresh chopped basil leaf, 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves.
2. Strawberry/Lime vitamin water
Mix: 10 cups of water, 6 strawberries, 1 sliced lime, 12 chopped fresh mint leaves. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
3. Watermelon/Rosemary vitamin water
Mix: 10 cups of water, 1 cup of watermelon cut into cubes, 2 rosemary steams
4. Pineapple/Mint vitamin water
Mix: 10 cups of water, 1 cup of pineapple cut into cubes, 12 fresh mint leaves chopped
5. Apple/Cinnamon vitamin water
Mix: 10 cups of water, 1 cup of apple cut into cubes, 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
A few more tips for making fabulous vitamin flavored water:
- Wash the fruits and herbs well before using
- We suggest using a wooden spoon to gently crush the fruits and herbs to release the flavors
- We recommend chilling for about four hours before serving, or leaving overnight – the flavored water will stay good in the fridge for up to three days