I was about having something sweet… Chocolate macaroons was my choice!
It had a long, tough day, I felt lack of energy and I was about having something sweet. I needed something easy to make and fast, but I wanted to be tasty, soft, melting in my mouth… And it was!
I needed some comfort food and the taste of macaroons was the real thing.
I usually choose vegan, healthier version of this dessert, but I was a bit tired to mix the AF so long, so this time I chose the faster way.
Preparation time: 1h
– 1 egg white
– 70 g white sugar
– pinch of salt
– 1 pkg of vanilla sugar
– handfull ground almonds
How to do it:
- Beat egg white in a bowl and mix it for about 5 minutes until it’s foamy. Then add sugar, vanilla sugar and pinch of salt and continue mixing them together until the sugar melts and the egg white is creamy, sticky and hold soft peaks
- Then add the ground almonds and mix it with a spoon
- Preheat the oven in 140 C
- Small amount of batter put in a plastic bag with a small corner cut and gently form the macaroon disks with diameter of 1 1/2 inch.
- When it’s all done put them in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, be sure they won’t go brown
- Let them cool well before filling
Fill them by your choice, I preferred cocoa – avocado cream. I don’t favor food color so I made them white which is a great combination with the chocolate cream, but you can add food color and make them any color you like.